Memorial High School Course Catalog
Madison has a vision for all students – that they will not only graduate, but graduate with the skills and abilities necessary to be successful in college, career, and community.
We want our students to master academic content, build creativity, confidence and cultural competence, gain a strong sense of self and interpersonal skills and have a growth mindset to help them continually develop the skills and abilities to be successful. This vision for Madison’s graduates was developed with input from more than 2500 staff, students, and community members. And it is through our students that this vision comes to life.
Our graduates display a diversity of strengths, interests, skills, and bright futures that exist for every child in MMSD. In each of our students, we see them for who they are and who they are becoming.
How will I select my courses?
Each year, (typically in January) you will have the opportunity to select courses for the following school year: During course selection you will receive information about the various courses that are available to you from both school counselors and teachers. You will have the opportunity to consult with your teachers, your family, and your school counselor in order to make choices that support you in exploring your interests, complete graduation requirements and build the knowledge and skills needed to support your personal post-secondary plans. Other resources that will support you in your decision making include your Academic and Career Plan experiences and the postsecondary exploration and planning tools in your Xello account. We recommend that you review your transcript (accessible through your Infinite Campus account or from your school counselor) each semester to ensure that your academic record is accurate and up-to-date. Your transcript can also help you to identify what credits still need to be completed as you progress towards meeting all of your graduation requirements. If you have any questions about required coursework, we encourage you and a key adult to make an appointment with your school counselor at any time.
What specific courses do I need to take to earn my MMSD diploma?
|Graduating class of June 2022 and beyond…|
4 credits - Including successful completion of English 1 and English 2
3 credits - Including successful completion of courses in algebraic and geometric concepts
3 credits - Including successful completion of courses in biological and physical sciences
3 credits - Including successful completion of US History and one semester of Modern US History
1.5 credits Physical Education, .5 credit Health Education, Civics Exam
How do I support my student’s College, Career and Community Readiness?
- Can I get physical education credit for participation in a sport?
- What if I took high school equivalent courses in middle school?
- How do I Add or Drop a class?
Can I get physical education credit for participation in a sport?
What if I took high school equivalent courses in middle school?
How do I Add or Drop a class?
Career and Technical Education
Career and Technical Training Career pathways are a series of connected education, experiential learning, and support strategies aimed at helping students personalize and achieve their educational and career goals.
Opportunities for Advanced Coursework and College Credit
How are you planning for after graduation?
Filter By Grade Level
Filter By Subject
- Business, Marketing & IT Education - Business Education
- Business, Marketing & IT Education - Computer Science
- Business, Marketing & IT Education - Marketing Education
- English - Electives
- English As A Second Language
- Family & Consumer Sciences/Health - General Studies
- Family & Consumer Sciences/Health - Health Science
- Family & Consumer Sciences/Health - Hospitality
- Family & Consumer Sciences/Health - Human Services
- Interdepartmental Studies
- Music - Band
- Music - General Music
- Music - Orchestra
- Music - Vocal
- Physical Education/Health - Core Program
- Physical Education/Health - Elective Program
- Social Studies
- Special Education - Directed Study
- Special Education - English
- Special Education - Fine Arts
- Special Education - Math
- Special Education - Physical Education/Health
- Special Education - Social Studies
- Special Education - Vocational
- Technology & Engineering - Construction
- Technology & Engineering - Project Lead The Way
- Technology & Engineering - Transportation
- World Languages